The FGT rotor system is a drum-style configuration featuring a smooth rotor surface, spiral tool pattern, and innovative tool shape for smooth, efficient cutting. In addition to outstanding performance, the FGT rotor system is built to last in the severe application of mulching. Forged tools and tool holders, a V-Back tool fastening system, heavy-wall drum material, and an efficient structural design have been proven in tough applications for thousands of hours with power in excess of 600 HP.
- Single-bolt tool fastening that is secure and easily serviced from the rear of the tool holder.
- Severe Duty rotor bearing seal design protects from debris for longer bearing life.
- Forged bolt-on rotor stub shafts.
- Lower profile tool height and smooth rotor surface — ideal when working in deep snow or in the soil.
Fecon’s FGT rotor system can be equipped with four different tool options including three unique carbide options and a knife tool that allows contractors to quickly configure their mulcher to diverse conditions.
- Standard dual-carbide tools—greatest all-around reliability and performance for most contractors
- Severe Duty carbides—wear plates added to the body of the Standard Double Carbide
- Stone tools—the greatest durability and wear characteristics against rock and abrasion
- The Viking Sword knife—increased productivity and finer, more consistent chip size